In order to register for this event, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO be a member of The Arts, Hancock County; HOWEVER, there is a discount if you are! You can ALWAYS join at https://hancockarts.org/join-us.
#ArtsAliveBSL Refund/ Cancellation Policy:
In the event of circumstances beyond the control of The Arts,
Hancock County (War, natural disaster, threatening weather, public
health emergency or other acts of God) which force the cancellation
of #ArtsAliveBSL, the following refund policy will be in effect.
If The Arts, Hancock County is forced to cancel #ArtsAliveBSL, artists will receive a 50% refund of registration fee.
If an artists cancels for any reason, the following refund policies apply:
- An artist cancellation by March 15, 2023, will receive a 50% refund.
- An artist cancellation after March 15, 2023, will not receive a refund.
This is a rain or shine event. If the possibility of rain is predicted 48 hours prior to the start of the festival, the board of The Arts, Hancock County will make a determination about relocation of festival activities indoors.
Artists are responsible for providing their own set-up, including tents, displays, tables, and chairs
Thank you for participating in the 2023 Arts Alive BSL Artist Festival. We wanted to let you know about some important information regarding your role in the Arts Alive festival.
1. Artist check-ins is in the Community Hall meeting rooms(west end of Hall by parking lot). Check-in is from 7:30am until 9:45am on the day of the festival. At this time, you will also pick up your Welcome Packet, which will include information about the location and set up of your booth.
2. Artist booths will be located in the park at the east end of the Community Hall and in the park in front of the Depot.
3. Booth set-up time is immediately following check-in (7:30am-9:45am). Booths must be ready to open to the public at 10:00am. The festival hours are 10:00-5:00pm. Artists are not to begin teardown until the end of the Festival at 5:pm.
4. Parking in The Depot Arts District is limited. It is recommended that artists unload their vehicles near their assigned booth space. After you unload, please park in the lot at the corner of Sycamore Street and Blaize Avenue.
5. Artists are responsible for all sales and transactions. Artists are to bring their own money, cash box, change, credit card reader, receipt book, and anything else needed to process customer transactions.
6. Artists are responsible for collecting 7% Mississippi Sales tax on all customer purchases. Completed Sales Tax forms and a check/cash for collected taxes must be in a the Check-in Room in the Community Hall no later than 6:00pm. The Arts, Hancock County is responsible for submitting all sales tax to the Mississippi Department of Revenue.
7. All artist tents must be adequately secured against high winds. Serious damage and injury have occurred from unsecured tents in previous years. The Arts, Hancock County reserves the right to have a tent taken down if it isn't properly secured.
8. Artists are responsible for their own signage, bags, and packing materials.
9. This is a rain or shine event. If the possibility of rain is predicted 48 hours prior to the start of the festival, the board of The Arts,Hancock County will decide about moving the festival activities indoors.