FOR TEACHING ARTISTS:
Proposals for Classes, Workshops or Events at The Arts, Hancock County
This form is for artists who are interested in teaching or facilitating classes, workshops or other events at our 405 Blaize Ave. location and other venues that are sponsored by Hancock Arts. We take a 30% commission on all class fees. Any materials fees should be payable to instructor only.
- You choose the date (and a couple of alternatives) that works for you and we go from there.
- Instructors are also welcome to have a free class to give a demo for recruiting students for their own studios.
- Our classroom can handle 20 students or more, depending upon space needed for your class project. You decide how many you can comfortably teach. Tables & chairs will be provided for up to thirty. We also have easy access to outdoor space.
- Our studio has retractable pull-down extension cords, a wash-up sink for brushes, and walls for hanging samples.
- If you have an Artist Resume prepared, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your proposal.
- We will contact you to discuss your proposal. If approved, we will followup with a contract that you must sign and return to us prior to start of class.
Please email the following as your proposal to email@example.com
1. Name, address, phone, email.
2. Name and address of your studio (optional).
3. Proposed Class (or Event) Title.
4. Requested date(s) for you class with 3 alternative dates. Start and end times for each day.
5. What will students gain or learn?
6. Proposed fee per student (taking into account that you receive 70% of these fees)
7. Maximum number of Students? Minimum number? Appropriate ages?
8. Will you be charging students materials fee, and if so, how much? Please submit a materials list for student information.
9. Will students be expected to bring their own supplies? Please list.
10. Any special equipment needed?
11. Please include a complete description of your class.
12. Send at least two photos of projects similar to that which students will complete in your class.
13. Your qualifications (if you are not sending your artist bio or resume).
Please send above information to Hancockarts@gmail.com with CLASS PROPOSAL in subject line. Thank you!
Once you have been contacted and your proposal has been accepted, you will be asked to complete our CONTRACT BETWEEN INSTRUCTOR AND HANCOCK ARTS. Contract can be found on the submenu for this page in PDF and MS Word formats. Please contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 228-342-4521.