Thank you for considering sharing your artistic talents with us!
This format is for artists who are interested in teaching or facilitating classes, workshops or other events at our 405 Blaize Ave. location and other venues that are sponsored by Hancock Arts.
Any materials fees should be payable to instructor only.
- If you have an Artist Resume prepared, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your proposal.
- If you are proposing a workshop for children, we require a background check. You merely sign a release and we will take care of the checking.
- Our classroom can handle 20 students or more, depending upon space needed for your class project. If each student needs their own 6' table, we can accommodate 15 students. You decide how many you can comfortably teach. Tables & chairs will be provided for up to thirty. We also have easy access to outdoor space.
- Our studio has retractable pull-down extension cords, a wash-up sink for brushes, and walls for hanging samples.
- We will contact you to discuss your proposal. If approved, we will followup with a contract that you must sign and return to us prior to start of class.
Please email the following as your proposal to email@example.com
- Name, address, phone, email.
- Name and address of your studio (optional).
- Proposed Class (or Event) Title.
- Class Description: Please be clear, as this will also be used to promote your class (less than 150 words if possible).
- What will students gain or learn?
- Requested date(s) for you class/event (give us 3 alternative dates). Start and end times for each day.
- Proposed fee per student. (Hancock Arts will add our commission to this. We also give members a discount.) *
- Maximum number of Students? Minimum number? Appropriate ages?
- Will you be charging students materials fee, and if so, how much? Please submit a materials list for student information.
- Will students be expected to bring their own supplies? Please list.
- Any special equipment needed?
- Send at least two photos of projects similar to that which students will complete in your class.
- Your qualifications (if you are not sending your artist bio or resume).
NOTE: * For out of town instructors who prefer a set fee, please list that fee along with any travel , mileage and accommodation needs. The nearest major airport is in New Orleans. There is a regional airport in Gulfport. We can provide transportation to and from.
Please send above information to Hancockarts@gmail.com with CLASS PROPOSAL in subject line. Thank you!
Once your proposal has been accepted, you will be asked to complete our CONTRACT BETWEEN INSTRUCTOR AND HANCOCK ARTS. Contract will be emailed to you. Or, can also be found on the submenu for this page in PDF and MS Word formats - or click here. Please contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 228-342-4521.