The Arts, Hancock County 2019 Juried Exhibition
This year our Juried Show and Awards will be held Saturday December 7, 2019 from 6:00pm to 8:30pm at Waveland’s Ground Zero Museum, 335 Coleman Avenue, Waveland MS. The exhibit will run from December 7 through 14, 2019. Again, this year, food and cash bar will be provided by Rum Kitchen. Music for the event will be Ten North Frederick. Awards totally $1,300 will be awarded with judging results announced the night of the Arts Holiday Reception on Saturday December 7.
Juror: Paulette Dove is our juror for this year’s show.
- Wednesday September 25: Submissions open
- Monday November 4: Deadline for submission(s)
- Week of November 25: Arts will notify artists of acceptance of work by juror.
- Thursday December 5: Artists may bring works to museum from 3pm-7pm.
- Saturday December 7: Show and Awards Holiday Reception 6pm-8:30pm.
- Sunday December 15: Artists to pick up artwork between 2pm-5pm.
Category 1. Painting / Mixed media. Includes all 2-dimensional original artwork including painting, drawing, mixed media, encaustic, fabric. Excludes 3-dimensional work and photography / digitally manipulated images. 1st place $200, 2nd Place $100
Category 2. Photo/ Digital. Includes photography and digitally manipulated imagery. 1st place $200, 2nd Place $100
Category 3. 3 Dimensional. Vessels sculpture and assemblages in 3-dimensions. Materials includes pottery and ceramic, wood, mixed media assemblages. 1st place $200, 2nd Place $100
The Founders Award of $400 will be awarded for Best in Show across all categories. This sponsored prize honors the founders of The Arts, Hancock County.
Best of Show winner will be excluded from category awards. The award of prizes is the sole discretion of the show juror.
Artists, please see the requirements and information below to guide you with your submissions:
- Open to all members in good standing of The Arts Hancock County age 18 and over.
- Submission fee is $35.00 and is non-refundable.
- Deadline for entry is Monday November 4, 2019.
- Up to 3 works can be submitted. One image per entry. Note: 3D entries can provide up to 2 additional images to show your work from different angles.
- Please email your artwork images to email@example.com.
- Dimensions: A minimum of 1200 pixels on the longest side.
- Please note that low image resolution has been a major problem in previous years for judges trying to judge your submissions. It is recommended that you photograph your image with proper lighting, a good camera or i phone with sharp focus. Also, it is best to remove your artwork from glass prior to photographing to reduce glare.
- File Format: Save all images as JPEG.
- Recommended Resolution: between 72 and 300 ppi Maximum file size: 5 MB
- Artwork must be original, entirely the work of the entrant, and executed within the last two years. Entries must not be copies, or derivatives of copyrighted or published paintings or photographs. All mediums of 2-D and 3-D fine art will be accepted. Installations are not eligible for entry. Maximum piece size is 36" x 48" including matting and frame. Individual pieces of work completed in a series will count separately. Artwork must be framed; gallery wrap canvas with no visible hardware and at least two-inch thickness accepted unframed. Artwork must be wired and ready for hanging (no saw tooth hangers). Artists must bring stands for non-hanging sculptural works. There is no guarantee of artwork being accepted; the juror has complete responsibility for decisions.
- If you would like to sell your work, please include the sale price with your entry. Sales will be handled by The Arts, Hancock County. Commission split is 80/20 (80% to the artist.)
- In order to register for this event, you must be a member in good standing of The Arts, Hancock County. You can join at https://hancockarts.org/join-us. As soon as you join, you can register for this event. Thanks for your support!
- All decisions of the Juror are final. If you are accepted, by submitting your entry you give The Arts, Hancock County and Ground Zero museum the right to publish your images for publicity purposes for the opening or as part of the art directory selected artists. All artwork must be on display and cannot be removed from the Ground Zero exhibition for the entire exhibition even if the work is sold.
- Neither The Arts, Hancock County nor The Ground Zero Museum assume any liability for artwork displayed in this exhibit.