The Arts, Hancock County, 2023 Juried Art Show and Awards will be held
Saturday, December 9, 2023 from 6 - 8:30p at The Arts, Hancock County 405 Baize Ave, Bay St. Louis, MS.
The exhibit will run from December 9, 2023 through January 10, 2024.
Awards totaling $1,300 will be presented with judging results announced the night of the Arts Awards & Reception on Saturday December 9. Food and beverages will be provided by The Arts.
Open Window for Submissions:
October 1 - November 8
Our Juror is renowned Mississippi artist Ellen Langford!
Wednesday, November 8, 5p: Deadline for submission(s)
Tuesday, November 14: Arts will forward all work to juror.
Tuesday, Nov 28: Juror will notify The Arts of acceptance list. The Arts will notify artists within 24-48 hours.
Wednesday, Nov. 29 thru Friday, December 2: Artists will bring works to Hancock Arts from 9a-4p. Each artist must sign liability waiver when dropping off artwork (download HERE.)
Saturday, December 9, 2023: Exhibition and Awards Holiday Reception at The Arts 6 - 8:30p
Wednesday, January 10, 2024: Artists to pick up artwork after membership meeting, or on the 11th, 12th or 13th, from 9a-4p.
Artists, please see the requirements and information below to guide you with your submissions:
· Open to all members in good standing of The Arts Hancock County age 18 and over.
· Submission fee is $35.00 per member and is non-refundable.
· Deadline for entry is Saturday, November 8, 2023 at 5pm. Up to 3 works can be submitted. One image per entry. Note: 3D entries can provide up to 2 additional images to show your work from different angles.
· Please email your artwork images to email@example.com.
· Dimensions: A minimum of 1200 pixels on the longest side.
· Please note that low image resolution has been a major problem in previous years for judges trying to judge your submissions. It is recommended that you photograph your image with proper lighting, a good camera or iPhone with sharp focus. Also, it is best to remove your artwork from glass prior to photographing to reduce glare.
· File Format: Save all images as JPEG.
· Recommended Resolution: between 72 and 300 ppi Maximum file size: 5 MB
· Artwork must be original, entirely the work of the entrant, and executed within the last two years. Entries must not be copies, or derivatives of copyrighted or published paintings or photographs, or giclee prints. All mediums of 2-D and 3-D fine art will be accepted. Installations are not eligible for entry. Maximum piece size is 48" x 48" including matting and frame. Individual pieces of work completed in a series will count separately. Artwork must be framed or gallery wrapped (with fully painted/finished edges) with no visible staples on the side, and at least 1.5" thickness accepted unframed. Artwork must be wired and ready for hanging (no saw tooth hangers). Artists must bring stands for non-hanging sculptural works. There is no guarantee of artwork being accepted; the juror has complete responsibility for decisions.
· If you would like to sell your work, please include the sale price with your entry. Sales will be handled by The Arts, Hancock County. Commission split is 70/30 (70% to the artist.)
· The Arts, Hancock County does not assume any liability for artwork displayed in this exhibit. Please download liability waiver from above link.
Category 1. Painting / Mixed media. Includes all 2-dimensional original artwork including painting, drawing, mixed media, encaustic, fabric. Excludes 3-dimensional work and photography / digitally manipulated images. 1st place $200, 2nd Place $100
Category 2. Photo/Digital. Includes photography and digitally manipulated imagery. 1st place $200, 2nd Place $100
Category 3. 3 Dimensional. Vessels, sculpture and assemblages in 3-dimensions. Materials includes pottery and ceramic, wood, mixed media assemblages. 1st place $200, 2nd Place $100
The Founders Award of $400 will be awarded for Best in Show across all categories. This sponsored prize honors the founders of The Arts, Hancock County.
Best of Show winner will be excluded from category awards. The award of prizes is the sole discretion of the show juror.
· In order to register for this event, you must be a member in good standing of The Arts, Hancock County. You can join at https://hancockarts.org/join-us. As soon as you join, you can register for this event. Thanks for your support!
· All decisions of the Juror are final. If you are accepted, by submitting your entry you give The Arts, Hancock County the right to publish your images for publicity purposes for the opening or as part of Hancock Arts website. All artwork must be on display and cannot be removed from the exhibition for the entire exhibition period, December 9 - January 10, even if the work is sold.
Juried Art Exhibition chair is Joan Coleman.