The Arts, Hancock County is dedicated to promoting art in everyday life in Hancock County, Mississippi. Over 200 members are supported by this fast-growing, active organization that offers sponsorship and genuine support in the form of shows, classes, events, and other instructional ventures.
What are the benefits of joining The Arts, Hancock County? Here are just a few...
- Invitation to participate in all exhibitions and programs produced by The Arts, Hancock County additional event registration fees may apply (Arts Alive, Juried Exhibition, Under the Flower Moon, etc.)
- Invitation to membership meetings and other networking events (monthly membership meetings, annual business meeting, fun events such as Art of the Cocktail)
- Subscription to monthly e-newsletter
- Inclusion of artist info and artwork images on website member directory
- The Arts, Hancock County will post blasts on social media to promote workshops and classes conducted by member artists.
- Assistance with Mini-grants, notification of upcoming grant opportunities, workshops, and one-on-one assistance in writing applications (artist resume, artist statement, program narrative, budget)
- Project grant sub-recipient. As a 501c3 registered charity we can act as an umbrella organization for arts projects that you propose that have a broad community focus.
- Participate in murals, public art projects and community engagement such as Imagination Station
- Discount on digital media production services (digitization, video production, website development)
- Invitation to participate in virtualartsalive.com online artist gallery- Additional fee: $50
- Free booth space in our popup art markets - six markets per year
- Member discount on all classes (usually 10%)
- Open Studio time available for members on Fridays
Membership is made up of visual artists, writers, sculptors, musicians, designers, culinary artists, and performing artists and is open to ALL artists and art lovers.